As we began our yearly preparations for small group to begin about a year ago, I began to feel bad about how many times I had to e-mail our leaders for their group info. It felt like I was bugging our leaders- which I never want to do. Finally, I decided to sit down and figure out all the info I needed so I could ask them in one easy step. After I received their info, I made a simple excel sheet to find out where there are holes and could easily follow up. As I’m working through this process right now, I thought I’d share the questions I ask.
Answer these 7 simple questions to begin your small group:
- Describe the group you’d like to start.
- What makes you interested in that?
- When would you like your group to meet? (Day of week/Time/How often)
- Any other group specific details? (Baby-sitting? Dnner?)
- Where would you like your group to meet? (Host home)
- Who could be your Assistnt Group Leader (Brainstorm)
- What would you like to call your group? (Our church names groups after movies.)
Download a printable version for free here–> Starting a Fuel Group
Download a version that’s easy to fill out over e-mail for free here–> Starting a Fuel online version